Tuesday, October 28, 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014!



I bet so many of you fellow readers have heard about this month long excursion. All over the internet in the month of October you hear people talking about NaNoWriMo. If you are one of those people who don't know or haven't even heard about this wondrous month long event, look no further at the brief explanation I will provide for you.

NaNoWriMo is a month long of just writing a novel. It stands for National Novel Writing Month. All the things you will need can be found on the NaNoWriMo website. Or all over YouTube they will explain even further some tips or tricks. Starting on the 1st of November a participant will make it their goal to write over 1,000 words. Each day he/she will continue this pattern of writing until November 30th. It may be a grueling task. But it's worth it in the end to create a novel in a shorter amount of time.

I have decided to be a participant this year and commit to writing in the month of November. It's more work than I'm used to, but I'm excited to take on this challenge.

If you want to be an author or just love to write, join me. Write with me on November 1st- November 30th.

So far... I have done some planning and I feel ready for the 1st. I would suggest that if you are participating to plan. Start now. Look up character building, world building, unique names, writing advice. Gather up all the knowledge you need. The amazing event starts in only a couple of days. So start planning...NOW

Here are some websites to get you started

http://nanowrimo.org/dashboard

http://maxkirin.tumblr.com/

http://www.sfwa.org/2009/08/fantasy-worldbuilding-questions-physical-and-historical-features/#0.3_general

http://www.elfwood.com/tutorial/c9416faa-ad87-5049-db0b-228d6f80c922/creating-fantasy-and-science-fiction-worlds

And now for a quick unofficial description of what I hope my novel to be...

Christian/ Dystopian

- My main character is a mother who deals with social anxiety. She finds peace from stress by reading scripture. Her life goes well for a while until everything becomes different. She loses things and is forced to move away. Meanwhile, the water in the city that she lived in starts to have a chemical in it. This chemical alters the mind of anyone drinking it to strive for perfection. It makes anyone who drinks it, a slave to do whatever the creator wants them to do. But this chemical might be harming the people in the process.

Add me as a writing buddy... http://nanowrimo.org/participants/choir267 











No comments:

Post a Comment