Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Life without Limits Book Review


   Originally going into this book, I didn't really know what to expect. The title "Life without Limits" perplexed me. A man without arms or legs living life without limits? Yes. That's exactly what it was. The author Nick Vujicic (a very difficult last name to pronounce) writes about how he grew up limbless. It was a struggle for him. Always needing his parents or someone else to care for him. He grew tired of having people take care of him. So he found ways to do everyday tasks himself. He talks about how he had to get creative, to function in life. Throughout his school years, he had to stand up for himself. He tells a story of a bully and how he had to conquer the beast. From this experience, he knew that fear couldn't take over him and he could do more with his life. Sadly, Nick started seeing himself as worthless and fell into a deep depression. How he got out of it? God. He then strived after his mess of depression to live life to the fullest. He tells of all the success in his life so far and encourages others to do the same.

   My opinion on this story was that it was inspirational and amazing. It felt like Nick was having a conversation with me. I personally am dealing with anxiety and depression. So to see someone else get out of its' trap and live; I was intrigued. His life is filled with so many positive things. I kept wondering "Can I do the things he does?". The story makes you think about your life and how you can improve it. The book included some ways to help others than yourself as well. Nick lists throughout the book many charities to give money to. I adored how generous this man is. I absolutely loved this story! I feel that I can read it again when I feel down in life.

   I recommend this book to anyone who wants a better life. To those who love helping those less fortunate. Anyone who wants to live life without limits. This book gets 5 out of 5 stars for how amazing it really is.

   If you want to give to a charity... give to his lifewithoutlimbs campaign. With it, he gives to those around the world hurting.

   http://store.lifewithoutlimbs.org/donate/  

No comments:

Post a Comment